Have you ever craved chicken fajitas, but didn’t want to pay a high price at a restaurant to get some? I know I have. Today I’m going to teach you how to make chicken fajitas at home from scratch!
I love chicken fajitas. In fact it is one of my favorite meals! Especially when I make my homemade tortillas from scratch. My family really enjoys it, and I can’t wait to share this recipe with you for you and your family to enjoy as well!
This page contains affiliate links. If you choose to purchase something after clicking a link, I may receive a commission at no extra cost to you.
Why you’re going to love this chicken fajita recipe!
I believe you’re going to love this recipe, because it is so flavorful and delicious! This recipe uses my homemade chicken taco seasoning which works perfectly for these chicken fajitas! No need for the added chemicals in this dish. We’re going to use all natural ingredients that I’m sure you have in your kitchen cabinets.
What type of seasoning should I use?
Today we will be using my homemade chicken taco seasoning. For homemade chicken taco seasoning you will need:
That’s it! Seven simple ingredients that are commonly found in your kitchen. You will be amazed at how simple it is to create your own seasonings from scratch and how good it tastes without the added chemicals.
What kind of tortillas should I use?
I like to use homemade tortillas, because they are a better choice for my family. I know exactly what went into them. No chemicals. No unknown ingredients, just simple ingredients that are also commonly found in your kitchen!
If you need to save time, I do recommend Tortilla Land uncooked tortillas. I pick them up at Walmart when I’m in a hurry for dinner and need tortillas quick. I am not affiliated with Tortilla Land in any way. I just enjoy their tortillas, and enjoy that they only have five ingredients in them, all that I recognize. They are located in the refrigerated section.
Tools you may need:
Here is a short video showing you how I make these chicken fajitas
How to make chicken fajitas from scratch
To start making these chicken fajitas you need to cut up your vegetables the way you like them. Small pieces, large chunks, it’s up to you! I use one onion, one pepper, and a few fresh garlic cloves in my vegetables. After I am done cutting I fry up my vegetables in Garlic Infused Olive Oil and add a dash of salt to them.
While your vegetables are cooking you can cut up your boneless chicken breasts into small chunks.
Once the vegetables are done cooking, remove them from the pan and put them into a bowl. Then add more Garlic Infused Olive Oil and place your chicken in the pan. Fry until fully cooked. Add your chicken taco/fajita seasoning and mix well until completely coated in the seasoning. I add about a tablespoon of my homemade seasoning. If you are using packets, just add one packet per 3 chicken breasts.
Once your chicken is done, add it to your vegetables that are in the bowl, mix together and serve! You may also choose to keep them separate.
Serve with warm tortillas and your favorite fillings! Store in an air tight container or zip lock bag.
Here are more recipes you may enjoy!
The BEST Restaurant Style Chicken Fajitas
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts cut in small chunks
- 1 tbsp homemade chicken taco seasoning or 1 packet from the store
- 1 onion
- 1 pepper
- dash of salt
- 2 garlic cloves chopped
- 4 tbsp garlic infused olive oil or oil of your choosing
- Prepare your onion, pepper, and garlic cloves first cutting them to the size you prefer.
- Next prepare your chicken, cutting the three boneless breasts in small chunks.
- Sauté the chopped onion, pepper, and garlic cloves in your pan. I use garlic infused olive oil, but you can use any oil of your choosing.
- Once the vegetables are done, transfer them to a bowl, then cook your chicken in the same pan that you cooked your vegetables in.
- When the chicken has finished cooking, add your seasoning. If there is not enough oil and juices in the pan you can add a couple tablespoons of water into your pan to be able to evenly distribute the chicken taco seasoning.
- Once the chicken is done, I add it to my bowl of vegetables and mix it all together well. Serve with your favorite tortillas and fillings!
- Store in an air tight container or zip lock bag.