Creamy and delicious, this recipe for cream cheese frosting is my go to recipe for when I need to frost any cake! Today I’m going to share with you how to make the BEST cream cheese frosting!
I absolutely love cream cheese. When I was a child, any dessert with cream cheese in it was my favorite. Now that I’m grown, that hasn’t changed! Cream Cheese makes many things better in my opinion. This recipe is by far my favorite frosting for anything that needs frosting. Especially homemade cinnamon rolls, or the delicious banana bread cake pictured above.
This page contains affiliate links. If you choose to purchase something after clicking a link, I may receive a commission at no extra cost to you.
Why you are going to LOVE this cream cheese frosting!
This frosting is so delicious! It is light and fluffy, silky and smooth! There is no better frosting in my opinion. I promise you, you will have people asking for the recipe!
This frosting goes great on almost every dessert. It really is the only frosting I ever make. I’ve tried other recipes, but nothing has beaten this recipe for cream cheese frosting.
Tips for making the best cream cheese frosting!
- I always use full fat everything, so for this recipe use full fat cream cheese, full fat milk, and of course real butter!
- Don’t forget to set out your cream cheese and butter to soften them up before making this recipe! If you don’t wait , the frosting will lumpy and not smooth.
- Just when you think you’ve mixed enough, mix a little more. The frosting will start to look silky and delicious!
- Try not to eat it all before you frost your dessert. 😁
What Ingredients will you need to make cream cheese frosting?
For this recipe you will only need a few ingredients. Here is a list of ingredients you will need:
- Powdered Sugar
What tools are needed to make cream cheese frosting?
Of course you are going to need some tools to make this recipe! Here is a list of tools you will need:
How to make the best cream cheese frosting video
Instructions on how to make the best cream cheese frosting!
First thing you need to do before you start is to soften your cream cheese and butter by setting them out on the counter for a few hours, or you can soften them in the microwave.
Once the butter and cream cheese are softened, add it and all of the rest of your ingredients to your mixing bowl.
Mix together using an electric hand mixer, or mixer of your choice.
Mix until light and fluffy. Top on any cooled dessert!
There you have it! Probably the easiest frosting you’ve ever made!
Here are more delicious recipes you may enjoy!
The BEST Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 stick softened butter
- 1 pack softened cream cheese
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 TBSP milk
- dash salt
- Add softened butter, softened cream cheese, powdered sugar, milk, vanilla, and dash of salt into the mixing bowl.
- Mix together with your hand mixer until silky smooth. It will start looking silky when it starts to climb your beaters, when it does this it is usually ready.
- Use immediately or refrigerate. Only use on desserts that have cooled or else it will melt!
Like this recipe? Save it on Pinterest!
“Whoever has my commandments and keeps them, he it is who loves me. And he who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and manifest myself to him.” John 14:21
Cream cheese frosting is my favorite! Great tip about setting out the cream cheese ahead of time to soften. That always helps make it easier!
Thank you for this. The kitchen always gives me anxiety as everything seems so complicated but this is attainable. Thanks!
I love cream cheese frosting. My grandmother use to make it when she would bake for the holidays. Great post!
The Homestead Challenge
yum! Can one just eat this with a spoon? asking for a friend…
I have been looking for a good frosting recipe! Thanks!